Recently, I have been trying to be more productive with my time. That means grabbing my laptop and getting away from all the distractions at my apartment. However, I didn’t have anything to carry it around in.
I needed to find a bag that I could use as a computer bag while also being able to fit other stuff in and of course it needed to go with a lot of outfits.
Requirements For The Perfect Tote:
- Large Bottom Width – I needed enough space to fit a laptop, a book, my wallet, and some makeup.
- Rectangle Shape – I wanted the bag to be wider than it was tall because it is harder to find stuff when you can’t see to the bottom of the bag.
- Lightweight –My laptop is already heavy, and I didn’t want to put any more weight on my shoulders. Basically that meant very little hardware if any.
- Zipper Closure Along The Entire Top Opening – Tote bags have large openings so people can easily reach in and grab stuff without you noticing. A zipper closure was a must have.
- Longer Straps– I always see people with huge heavy tote bags with tiny handles, and it looks so uncomfortable. I needed to make sure it would fit over my shoulder.
- Nice Quality Faux Leather – I realized in my search that I needed something that I would be pretty durable as I would be traveling around with this a lot. I didn’t want suede or canvas because I wanted the bag to have some structure.
- Affordable – The most I wanted to spend was $75. I figured this was I could find something nice quality that would last me a while.
With the above list in mind I started my search. I looked in all my favorite shops like Urban Outfitters, H&M, Forever 21, and Zara. Nothing fit the bill. It was either too small, or not the right shape, or too expensive. Then I looked at JCrew, Madewell, and TJ Maxx/Marshalls, but nothing was hitting the mark. The hardest thing to find was a tote with a zipper. I ended up searching in Google for “Tote with Zipper Closure”, because I didn’t know where else to look. I had no luck anywhere, and I put my search on hold.
Finally, I found the one.
I found this gem at American Eagle where I always find denim, but never think to look for handbags. There she was just hanging by the check out line. A chestnut brown zipper closure tote bag with long straps and dimensions that looked close to what I needed for my laptop (actual dimensions are 15.75 height x 18.1 width x 7” depth). The tag read $45, but it turned out to be on sale (always a bonus), and after taxes it was about $37. This bag was everything I could have asked for! Now I can get to work anywhere because I have to perfect bag to take my laptop on the go.
Tell me about your favorite bag and any cute things you have purchased recently in the comments!
I love it!